Welcome to Liveable Limerick
#LiveableLimerick is a social movement of volunteers who love their county and want to bring about change to make it more liveable.
is ABOUT a community coming together for public fun events or campaigns and engaging under five key values;
(i) Long term Ambition
Creating a long term ambitious vision for a greener and cleaner Limerick and successful Mid-West region.
(ii) Desirability and Fun
Making Limerick the most desirable, safe and fun place to live, work, shop and visit.
Cherishing and engaging all communities old and new, urban and rural, people of all ages and abilities.
(iv) People Focused
Designing best-in-class public realm and urban mobility strategies for all who use our county not just those who drive in cars.
(v) Valuing our Heritage
Enjoying our world class built heritage and protecting it for future generations.
Chairperson: John Moran
- John Moran
- Derek O’Dwyer
- Donncha Ó ‘Treasaigh
- Nicola McMahon
- Grainne Walshe
- Ivan Shaw
- James Lawlor
- “We Want Our Vote”“WE WANT OUR VOTE” In May 2019, the people of Limerick said ‘Yes’. We said ‘Yes’ to choosing a new type of mayor, one that has the power and the budget to make Limerick better. It is almost 1,000 days since the people of Limerick voted to be the first Irish county to elect its own mayor by popular vote.Continue reading ““We Want Our Vote””
- TIME FOR ACTION AND MORE LOCAL DEMOCRACYNO MORE SUSPENDED ANIMATION FOR LIMERICK #LiveableLimerick warmly welcomes the report of the Joint Oireachtas Committee on Housing, Local Government and Heritage issued today and calls on the Government to implement the recommendations without delay. We want to thank the committee members, other witnesses and all those who made written submissions supporting our call forContinue reading “TIME FOR ACTION AND MORE LOCAL DEMOCRACY”
- Reopening LimerickThe Committee of Yes to #LiveableLimerick welcome the recent positive steps taken by Limerick to protect its citizens by making changes to how people circulate and use parts of the city. We welcome the fact and thank councillors on both “sides” who insisted that the discussions must continue in two weeks’ time to see howContinue reading “Reopening Limerick”
- Responding to Limerick through Covid-19PRESS RELEASE Limerick May 27, 2020 In response to the ‘Draft Proposals Guiding Limerick ThroughCovid-19 Transforming a challenge into an opportunity’, #LiveableLimerick has today issued the following statement:- #Liveablelimerick welcome the proposals to change the uses of streets and public realm to help residents and businesses in our communities to get through these challenging months. We would, however, encourage that more ambitious street closuresand/or speed limit restrictions are considered notContinue reading “Responding to Limerick through Covid-19”
- Lean on MeVolunteer led initiative launched to help generate cash flow from neighbours for Limerick based SMEs through the COVID-19 period New initiative is called Lean on me and is led by a number of well-known local volunteers from Limerick Aim is to generate essential cashflows for local SMEs by helping customers to pay today for aContinue reading “Lean on Me”
- Mapping Limerick’s #VirtualMeithealThe Covid-19 pandemic has presented our society with an unprecedented challenge. But make no mistake, we will get through this Limerick and recover quickly. The coming days and weeks will require EVERY ONE of us to help play our part to protect lives. It is as simple as that. We are in this togetherContinue reading “Mapping Limerick’s #VirtualMeitheal”
- Creating a Limerick Virtual Meitheal in response to Covid-19 pandemicWe want to help bring everyone together (virtually) and make our individual efforts most efficient. To that end, Liveable Limerick have teamed up with a number of key Limerick stakeholders – we are creating our own Limerick virtual Meitheal.
- €2bn urban neighbourhood in Limerick city centreDevelopment of a €2 billion scheme with 10,000 homes in Limerick City moved a step closer on Friday after the State-sponsored Land Development Agency (LDA) outlined plans for the site. The LDA, established to co-ordinate land within State control for optimal use, has signed a memorandum of understanding with Limerick City and County Council, the HSE andContinue reading “€2bn urban neighbourhood in Limerick city centre”
- XMAS Dash – 6 Sleeps & Counting!Last year, for the first time ever in Limerick City, #LiveableLimerick organised a very successful and enjoyable Christmas Dash to raise funds for homeless services organisations Novas and Peter McVerry Trust. #LiveableLimerick in conjunction with LCCC held a series of charity Christmas Dashes on O’Connell Street, which was fully open to the public, demonstrating the streets of Limerick can play host notContinue reading “XMAS Dash – 6 Sleeps & Counting!”
How You Can Help
Email us to learn about how you can join us at meetings and events.
Share Our Story
You can share this website via Twitter and Facebook. Follow us for regular updates.
You can get involved in any of the wide range of activities we organise across Limerick.
What People Say
The activities and events this group organises helps me to appreciate the rich cultural life that Limerick is exhibits.Jane Cross
My kids love being involved in the Christmas Dash which is organised to support very worthy causes in Limerick.Joan Ryan
Become a Volunteer
With the aim of helping as many people as possible, we always welcome enthusiastic volunteers. Please contact us for more information.